Books. I love them. I sometimes get caught up in everyday life and forget to have a book on hand to read. I think a reading goal for 2011 is a resolution I can actually achieve and have fun while doing it. I’m sure I will read more than 10 books in a year, but let’s be realistic here. I have three kids. That I homeschool. In addition to my volunteer work and other hobbies. I also babysit a sweet girl part-time.
So. Yeah. 10 books should be just fine. I imagine there may be the Sookie Stackhouse or Twilight book candy of 2011 that will not be on my list. A girl can dream.
Books I’ve always wanted to read, books I recently heard about. Fiction, non-fiction. The only requirement is that they NOT be a children’s book, since this whole exercise is for me, after all.
In no particular order…
1. Radical by David Platt
2. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin
3. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
4. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
6. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
8. The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher
9. Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding
10. The Charlatan’s Boy by Jonathan Rogers
What is on your must-read list?